Members of the School Board
|Board Chair||Shane Sheely|
|P & F Representative||Carrie Parry|
|Board Members||Elsa Labis|
|Ex Officio Members||Fr Vinh Dong
Read the full budget.
AGM - Principal's Report
Please download a copy of the 2016 AGM - Principal's Report here.
AGM - Chairpersons Report
Please download a copy of the 2016 AGM - Chairpersons Report here.
- There are approximately 8 meetings per year, including the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- All Board meetings are closed meetings, meaning only members of the Board, the Principal and the Parish Priest or specially invited guests are able to attend as much of the content is sensitive in nature and thus confidential
- The AGM is an open meeting and all members of the school community are welcome to attend, including parents and staff.
The Role of the School Board
As members of the Board of St John Paul II Catholic Primary School, we continue to actively promote the Catholic ethos amongst our students, staff, parents and the wider community. In doing so, we lead by example, as Jesus did, to be accepting, tolerant and above all loving. In doing so, we show a willingness to develop an authentic relationship with Christ, which is an essential part of Catholic education and Christian faith.
More specifically, the Catholic Education Office (CEO) of WA has outlined our roles as follows;
- Assist the Principal to achieve target educational goals within the context of the Catholic faith and the Church's mission
- To assist the Principal in the appointment of staff to positions within the school and to help develop school policies
- To ensure the finances of the school are managed appropriately and in doing so, meeting the current needs of the school whilst also planning for the school's future needs
As a relatively young school, the Board and the Principal of Banksia Grove CPS have been heavily involved in the building program to further develop the infrastructure of our school. In the last year both Stage 4 and Stage 5 of our building program have been completed which has included some major changes including additional classrooms, multi-purpose rooms, carparks and so on. In addition to this, there have also been many smaller but still significant modifications to the existing infrastructure, including the installation of security cameras, heating and cooling of the classrooms and so on.